When disconnecting from the mains, whether at work, camping or on a boat, it is always good to have a power source that can help power all your electronic devices and equipment.
The 8000-watt inverter is useful for heavy-duty applications because you can use many devices at the same time. They work by converting DC to AC without any problems and can provide a continuous power of 8000 watts and a maximum wattage output that varies from model to model.
With many options on the market, it can be confusing rather than helpful to find the best one for your specifications and requirements.
We’ve created this guide to describe the top-rated products in this category so you can decide which one is best for you. Also in this guide we answer the most common questions that probably relate to this product range.
- 1 1. Aims Power 8000w Power Inverter
- 1.1 2. Wagan 3746 Proline Black 8000w Inverter
- 2 3. PowerJack New ATS 24V 32000W Peak 8000w LF Split Phase Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
- 2.1 4. PowerJack 8000w Modified Sine Wave Power Inverter
- 2.2 5. LoveOlvido 8000w Power Inverter USB LED Display AC/DC Sine Wave Converter
- 2.3 6. GOWE off Grid Inverter 8000w Solar Power Inverter
- 2.4 7. GINLONG Solis Single Phase SA Compliant Inverters 8000w
What can a 8000w inverter run?
An 8000 watt inverter can convert the available power in your motorhome or boat into alternating current. This inverter can handle those devices and appliances with the highest energy needs, whether you are in the water or on the go.
If you are looking for an inverter to power your home or to power your home, the 8000 watt inverter is a reliable addition.
This inverter can easily power an air compressor, miter saw, coffee maker, table saw and other hand tools at the same time.
How many amps does an 8,000 watt inverter draw?
Inverters convert 12V DC from batteries into 110V AC to run electrical appliances. The current drawn by an 8000 watt inverter can be calculated as follows:
Watts (Power) = Volts (Voltage) X Amps (Current)
Current drawn by an 8,000 W (8,000 / 110) A converter = 72.73 amps
Can an 8,000 watt inverter power a refrigerator?
A typical 8,000 watt inverter can provide 8,000 watts of continuous AC power and 16,000 watts of peak voltage.
This power is more than enough to run a typical 16 cubic meter refrigerator without any problems.
Most refrigerators have the same compressor size and little difference in power consumption, so any consumer refrigerator will do just fine.
Review of our Favorite 8,000 Watts Inverters
The AIMS Power Inverter is one of the most trusted brands on the market as you can use it for a variety of uses in the camping, bat, RV and travel trailer. This model is affordable, but built to last. It can deliver up to 8,000 watts of continuous power and 16,000 watts of peak power. It has thermal fuses and a cooling fan that helps prevent damage from overheating. It can also provide protection against overheating and overload.
You can rest assured that this device is of the best quality because it is UL certified for quality and safety. The Aims Power inverter is very beneficial for power backup systems and can also help minimize power loss. It is built with a durable aluminum housing that makes it difficult to withstand harsh environments.
AIMS 8000 Watt / 16,000 Watt Peak Power Inverter, Digital Meters, AC Terminal Block, Optional Remote 66 Amps (8kW)
- POWERFUL: 8000W maximum continuous power, 16000W peak, soft start technology, optional remote control available. AC Direct Connect Terminal Block
- PROTECTIONS: Overload, over temperature, high voltage, under voltage, short circuit, low and high voltage alarm with internal fuses, cooling fan and insulated RCD
- FEATURES: Works with appliances, tools, motors, compressors, pumps and more, up to 66 amps. Volt and ammeters monitor the performance of your inverter. LED indicators. Robust DC terminals and ground terminal
- TRUST GOALS: Buy with confidence. Active in the investment world for over 20 years. All Nevada Supported Sales, Warranty, and Technical Support
- APPLICATIONS: Ideal for off-grid or backup power systems using a 12V battery(ies) in homes, boats, cabins, solar, car builders.
- It has a relatively good price
- Sturdy construction
- Dual AC connection
- Single cooling fan operation
- No USB output
This inverter is a favorite among off-grid users. This heavy duty inverter can supply you with 8000 watts of continuous power. That’s enough to power most devices and is also ideal for quick job site applications and for your convenience in emergency situations. It has 4 AC outlets and a remote on/off switch. It has built-in safety functions such as overload protection, short circuit protection, auto restart, low battery alarm and cooling fan.
With its 4 outputs, you can use multiple devices at once and push your power to the limit. It’s solid and compact, making it adaptable in tight RV spaces. It is also convenient to use because it can work well for 12V DC to 120V AC. The LED light on this device helps you to report any problems. The high-speed cooling fan prevents overheating, making it durable. The Wagan 8000 Watt Inverter is a smart inverter that offers low harmonic distortion that helps promote a higher level of efficiency when you need power for different purposes.
Wagan EL3746 12V 8000 Watt Power Inverter with Remote Control, 16000 Watt Surge Peak, Proline 12 Volt Power Converter for Home RV Camping Van Life Off Grid
- 8,000 watts, 16,000 watts peak power
- 54% smaller and 52% lighter than previous models
- NEW integrated SMT (Surface Mount Technology) printed circuit boards offer higher reliability, better efficiency and less parasitic RF emissions compared to older printed circuit boards (PCBs) and through-hole boards
- 4 AC outlets, heavy-duty AC terminal block and heavy-duty solid-mount terminals, including external ignition switch
- Integrated safety features: protections against overload, overheating, low battery, short circuit and reverse polarity
- Remote control:
- 4 sockets
- High Output Terminals
- Compact and lightweight
- No USB port
This is a pure sine wave inverter with a continuous power of 8,000 watts and a peak power of 32,000 watts. This peak power is one of the highest in this power range, so you don’t have to worry about powering your heavy appliances. This is a high quality inverter that can power most electrical appliances. It has a voice selection that allows you to choose between English and Chinese.
The 8000 watt inverter works efficiently once plugged in directly to power your electronic gadgets and devices. You don’t have to worry about a short circuit with this device because it can switch off automatically in the event of a short circuit. The bright LED light makes it easy to use as it can display the input and output voltage clearly, so you can easily control it smoothly.
- 32,000 watts peak power
- Voice selection
- HZ selection
- Cannot connect 2 AC inputs to charge at the same time
If you’re looking for a reliable modified sine wave inverter that can power a wide range of appliances and equipment, this 8,000 watt inverter from PowerJack is a good choice. This inverter is ideal for camping, traveling, tenting, boating or other off-grid applications. This is a reliable inverter that works well to convert DC to AC when needed. It has many unique features that make it fully functional.
It comes with everything you need to run a custom inverter, including cable lugs, 3-foot battery cable, fuse holder, ANL fuse, and remote on/off switch. It is equipped with 2 AC outputs and a wired terminal block. In addition, it is a protection unit as it comes with over voltage protection, thermal cutout, high or low voltage alarm and short circuit protection.
- Multiple security system
- Easy to maintain
- Easy charging and fast functions
- Cooling can be noisy
This inverter is very flexible as it is compatible with cars, boats, camping and PCS. It can deliver a continuous power of 8,000 watts and is known for its stability thanks to its low harmonic distortion which promotes a high level of efficiency when powering various devices and devices. The compact and portable design makes it a pleasure to work with. The light from the LCD screen makes the security systems easy to use, as it indicates when there is a problem.
What we liked about this inverter is that it is made of a strong and durable anodized aluminum construction, which is a strong part that will allow it to last for many years. You also don’t have to worry about a short circuit, because this inverter can switch off automatically in the event of a short circuit. This inverter is designed with 3 AC outputs and 4 USB ports for convenience and ease of use. You will appreciate that it comes with a charging port for different charging purposes.
- LCD digital display
- Silent cooling fan
- Sturdy construction
- Multiple charge outputs
- nothing found
This inverter is designed for off-grid solar systems using different systems. This pure sine wave inverter can easily run a small 500 BTU AC window of a solar panel system efficiently. This inverter has sufficient power in its reserve and can only be used with a 48v battery system. It is important to keep a set of batteries connected as they draw a lot of amps. It comes with a built-in 60 A AC high efficiency battery charger and a 50 A solar charge controller. This unit is designed to operate in harsh environments. This device features automatic frequency detection to operate at 50 or 60 Hertz.
This inverter provides 8,000 watts of continuous power and 16,000 watts of peak power. This device has features that protect it from high/low voltage faults, short circuits, overheating and low battery. There is also an LCD screen that displays the UPS STATUS, input voltage and output power, as well as battery level. It has a detachable LCD module that supports remote display. The low-frequency design supports a wider range of loads. The feel and look of this device is of high quality and it does not feel unpleasant in any way. It has an automatic generation start function and is ideal for off-grid renewable solar applications.
GOWE off grid inverter 8000w solar power inverter charger pure sine wave inverter with charger output 220v 48v
- 8000w/surge 16000w 48V 220v DC input Off grid pure sine wave inverter solar charger with: LCD adjustable AC or DC priority SUPPORT; Design basis for multiple microprocessors; 8000W pure sine wave inverter / surge support up to 2X; Built-in 60A AC high-efficiency battery charger; Built-in 50A solar charge controller;; Only works with 48V battery system; Low-frequency design to withstand a wider range of loads; Self-diagnosis and DC starting sequence: <3% THD
- Switching time <8 ms; Programmable parameters; 24-hour operation; System designed to work in harsh environments; Detachable LCD module supports remote viewing; Full security protection; wall mounting; CE, EMC Certificate, Environmentally Friendly Product (ROHS); ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS; Continuous/Surge output: 8/16KW; Input voltage range: 120 ~ 270VAC (230V only); Output voltage: 220/230/240 VAC; Output waveform Pure sine wave;
- Output frequency: 50 Hz or 60 Hz (automatic detection from 45 Hz to 70 Hz); Output Control: <3% RMS for battery voltage range; 90% maximum efficiency (with green power mode); VDC Input/Range: 48V: 40~58.5V; Transfer time: <8ms; Charging current: >85A; SOLAR CHARGER 50A (OPTIONAL); Charging voltage: 55.2V; Maximum PV input voltage: 100V; PROTECTIONS; battery. Reverse polarity: by fuse;
- Overload (UPS/battery mode) > 110%: pre-alarm, orange LED flashing / > 110 ~ 150% for 30 seconds, > 150% for 200 ms Off; Over temperature: >60°C pre-alarm; Low battery (alarm / shutdown): <42.5V / <40V; Short circuit (UPS mode) / electronic circuit (battery mode); LED Indicator Green: Power, Amber: Warning, Red: Fail;
- LCD display UPS status, input / output voltage frequency, load, battery voltage, battery capacity, temperature; ENVIRONMENTAL / MECHANICAL SPECIFICATIONS; Certification / EMC CE / EN62040-1-1, EN62040-2; Operating/storage temperature: 0¡ãC ~ + 40¡ãC / -20¡ãC ~ + 70¡ãC; Operating humidity 20~90% RH non-condensing; Dimension: 452*670*277mm; Weight: 54kg
- LCD display and LED indicator
- Can be mounted on the wall
- Low Frequency Design
- Suitable for off-grid solar applications
- It is expensive
This is a low-frequency single-phase inverter that converts DC power from batteries into AC power, which you can use to power various household appliances and tools. It can even power devices with a high starting power, such as compressors and pumps. This device is ideal for both intensive use and mobile power consumption. It can also work well for marine and industrial use. High-frequency switching helps to significantly reduce the noise level and loss of inductance. It also has WiFi and GPRS surveillance.
This inverter is versatile and you can use it for a variety of applications such as emergency power, off-grid, mobile and renewable solar applications. Its peak power of 16,000 watts makes it suitable for devices and devices with high start-up requirements. These include compressors, pumps and motors. It is compatible with almost all types of devices and lasts a long time.
- Ultra low starting voltage
- Built-in power management for export
- Durable construction
- Portable design
- On the more expensive side