A 3000-watt inverter is a powerful device that converts DC current into AC current. It’s used to power devices like laptops, TVs, refrigerators, and more.
But which one is right for you? If you’re looking for a reliable, powerful inverter, then we’ve got the 10 best inverters for you. From the smallest to the largest, you can find the perfect one for your needs.
Inverters with a power capacity of 3000 watts are powerful devices that can power energy-intensive appliances such as washing machines, microwave ovens, and hair dryers.
As such, they are ideal for use at campgrounds, RVs, and as emergency backup power sources for homes.
You’ll find detailed reviews of our top 10 Best 3000 Watt inverters here, or check out the summary table below if you don’t have time to read all of the reviews.
- 1 [Latest 2022] Best 3000 Watt Inverter Reviews
- 1.1 Is it possible to run a refrigerator with a 3000-watt inverter?
- 1.2 Inverters that produce 3000 watts of power: our favorite reviews
- 1.3 1. Power Inverter AIMS 3000 Watt 12 VDC to 120 VAC USB Port
- 1.4 2.VertaMax Modified 3000 Watt (6000W Surge) 12V Power Inverter DC to 115 AC Car, Solar, Off-Grid, RV, Back Up Power
- 1.5 3.HAITRAL Power Inverter 3000W Modified Wave Inverter 3000 Watt 12 Volt DC to 110 Volt AC Converter with Three Intelligent Temperature Control Fans
- 1.6 4. POTEK 3000W power Inverter 4 AC Outlets 12V DC to 110V AC Car Inverter with 2 USB Port
- 1.7 5. Schneider PC-3000 3000W Power Inverter
- 1.8 6. HAITRAL 3000 Watt Power Inverter 12 Volt DC to 110 Volt AC Voltage Car Adapter, Car Inverter,Automotive Back up Power Supply for Refrigerators, TV, Rechargeable Devices
- 1.9 7. Power TechON 3000W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter 12V DC to 120V AC with 3 AC Outlets + 1 5V USB Port, 2 Battery Cables, and Remote Switch (6000W Peak) PS1004
- 1.10 8. PowerDrive PD3000 3000W Power Inverter with Bluetooth
- 1.11 9. Rockstone Power 3000 Watt Heavy Duty Step Up/Down Voltage Transformer Converter – Step Up/Down 110/120/220/240 Volt – 5V USB Port – CE Certified
- 1.12 10. ENERGIZER 3000 Watt Power Inverter converts 12V DC from car’s battery to 120 Volt AC
3000 Watt inverters can run what?
Several devices can be connected to an inverter within this power range, as long as their combined power is not more than 3000 watts. There is an energy rating on every electrical appliance that indicates how much power it needs to operate.
Appliance labels provide this information. Large inverters are often capable of handling 15 to 20% overload for a short time. For a load of about 2400-2500 watts, a 3000 W inverter is adequate.
Inverters of this size are capable of easily powering some lighting loads, refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers, as well as charging mobile devices and laptops. If possible, check the wattage rating of your particular device since it may vary from model to model.
[Latest 2022] Best 3000 Watt Inverter Reviews
Power Inverter AIMS 3000 Watt 12 VDC to 120 VAC USB Port
|AIMS Power Inverter and Battery Cable 4/0 AWG 1′ Set Copper Cable – Extra Flexible – 5/8″ Lug on Both Ends (3000 Watt)||Check On Amazon
VertaMax Modified 3000 Watt
|VertaMax Modified 3000 Watt (6000W Surge) 12V Power Inverter DC to 115 AC Car, Solar, Off-Grid, RV, Back Up Power||Check On Amazon
HAITRAL Power Inverter 3000W Modified Wave Inverter
|HAITRAL Power Inverter 3000W Modified Wave Inverter 3000 Watt 12 Volt DC to 110 Volt AC Converter with Three Intelligent Temperature Control Fans||Check On Amazon
POTEK 3000W power Inverter
|POTEK 3000W power Inverter 4 AC Outlets 12V DC to 110V AC Car Inverter with 2 USB Port||Check On Amazon
Schneider PC-3000 3000W Power Inverter
|Schumacher DC to AC Power Inverter with 120V AC Outlets and USB Ports – 3000 Watts – Power Directly Connects to Battery||Check On Amazon
HAITRAL 750Watt Power Inverter
|HAITRAL 3000 Watt Power Inverter 12 Volt DC to 110 Volt AC Voltage Car Adapter, Car Inverter,Automotive Back up Power Supply for Refrigerators, TV, Rechargeable Devices||Check On Amazon
Power TechON 3000W Pure Sine Wave Power
|Power TechON 3000W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter 12V DC to 120V AC with 3 AC Outlets + 1 5V USB Port, 2 Battery Cables, and Remote Switch (6000W Peak) PS1004||Check On Amazon
PowerDrive PD3000 3000W Power Inverter with Bluetooth
|PowerDrive PD3000 3000 Watt Power Inverter Features Bluetooth(R) Wireless Technology with an APP Interface for Remote Access||Check On Amazon
Rockstone Power 3000 Watt Heavy Duty Step Up/Down Voltage Transformer Converter
|Rockstone Power 3000 Watt Heavy Duty Step Up/Down Voltage Transformer Converter – Step Up/Down 110/120/220/240 Volt – 5V USB Port – CE Certified||Check On Amazon
ENERGIZER 3000 Watt Power Inverter
|ENERGIZER 3000 Watt Power Inverter converts 12V DC from car’s battery to 120 Volt AC||Check On Amazon
Is it possible to run a refrigerator with a 3000-watt inverter?
It sure sounds like it should be, but the reality is that you’ll need a lot more energy than that to run a refrigerator. The reason why is because most refrigerators are designed to operate on a 12V DC input. So when you put in a 3000-watt inverter, the fridge can’t handle it.
A refrigerator with a power requirement of 1200-1500 Watts could be controlled by an inverter with this capacity. Commercial refrigerators with higher energy consumption are also suitable. An inverter of this size can meet the current requirements of a large refrigerator with a rating of 15 amps.
An inverter that draws 3000 watts draws how many amps?
Using inverters, electrical appliances can be powered by 12 volts DC supplied by batteries. A 3000 W inverter will absorb the following current.
Watts (power) equal volts (voltage) x amps (current)
A 3000 W inverter consumes approximately 3000/110 A, or 27.3 amps.
Inverters that produce 3000 watts of power: our favorite reviews
A pure sine wave is produced by this AIMS 3000 watt inverter, which makes it ideal for use with heavy equipment. The inverter has multiple outputs for ease of use, overload and overheating protections, and robust construction.
A pure sine wave inverter like this is reasonably priced.
This inverter not only boasts state-of-the-art technology, durability and reliability, but also an easy-to-use interface. Our top pick in the 3000 watt range is the AIMS offering because of this very reason.
When you have a bunch of devices you want to control, the inverter’s direct-connect AC terminal blocks are a great help.
There are audible alarms that indicate a low battery when the inverter reaches its peak power of 6000 W.
- Continuous power of 3000 watts, peak power of 6000 watts
- Pure Sine Wave input, GFCI output, 12 Volt DC in
- direct connection AC terminal block, and USB output at 2 A
- with 90% efficiency, short-circuit protection, and an on/off switch
- GFCI-resettable AC output and dual thermally controlled cooling fans
- Power output of 6000W
- Overload and overheat protection
- for direct-connect AC terminal blocks
- Cannot be connected to a cigarette lighter port in a car.
2.VertaMax Modified 3000 Watt (6000W Surge) 12V Power Inverter DC to 115 AC Car, Solar, Off-Grid, RV, Back Up Power
VertaMax modified sine wave inverters have some of the best features on the market, such as an LED display that allows easy monitoring of output power, built-in fuses or reverse polarity protection, as well as a durable metal housing.
Considering that this is a 3000W modified sine wave inverter, it is not too costly.
This VertaMax inverter can be easily monitored, has multiple AC and USB outputs, and is lightweight. As such, it meets all the requirements for a portable power source designed for heavy-duty use.
VertaMax Modified 3000 Watt (6000W Surge) 12V Power Inverter DC to 115 AC Car, Solar, Off-Grid, RV, Back Up Power
Three AC outlets and a digital LED display are included with VertaMax modified sine wave inverter (6,000 watts peak)
LED display shows voltage and watts (AC power consumption) for the DC battery. It displays current and voltage for the battery.
Warranty of one year. Design with thermal cutout, reverse polarity protection by internal fuses, short circuit protection, overvoltage protection, low voltage shutdown, and low/high voltage alarms for reliability.
For American home appliances, the VertaMax 3000 has 3 grounded outlets (115 AC). The outlets have their own circuit breakers (red switches underneath).
An inverter can be used to power a variety of home appliances, such as computers, televisions, video game consoles, cell phone chargers, microwave ovens, air conditioners, etc.
- Features such as reverse polarity protection, thermal cutout and built-in fuses provide advanced protection
- More than one output port
- Inverter for modified sine waves
3.HAITRAL Power Inverter 3000W Modified Wave Inverter 3000 Watt 12 Volt DC to 110 Volt AC Converter with Three Intelligent Temperature Control Fans
Haitral’s 3000W Power Inverter features 6000 Watt surge protection, intelligent temperature protection, and surge protection. In addition to its portability, functionality, and aesthetics, this inverter scores high on several fronts.
It is a reasonable price.
There is an on/off switch for safe operation, smart cooling fans and two sockets for connecting various devices. Several USB ports are also present. This inverter is among the best 3000W inverters because of its affordable price.
- Fans that cool you down smartly
- with long cables
- for a reasonable price
- Inverter for modified sine waves
- is not compatible with cigarette lighter ports.
Featuring a durable outer casing, multiple built-in protection schemes, and multiple outlets (4 AC and 2 USB), this Potek 3000W Power Inverter is an excellent choice. Potek’s reputation as a brand is upheld by the construction of this product.
Compared to similar products, the price is comparable.
The inverter comes with smart cooling fans designed to keep device temperatures below 104 degrees, built-in protection schemes (overload, overvoltage, undervoltage, and overheating) as well as multiple AC outputs. As well as being easy to transport, the inverter is made from sturdy materials and includes a manufacturer’s warranty.
- [POTEK 3000 WATT POWER INVERTER]: Charges multiple electronic devices by continuously converting 3000W of DC electricity to AC electricity.
- [MULTIPURPOSES CHARGING] – Designed with 4 power outlets and 2 USB charging ports, this charger is ideal for charging cellphones, laptops, water dispensers, refrigerators, chests, and electric chainsaws.
- The multi-protection circuitry protects you from overload, overheating, low voltage, high voltage, short circuits, all while keeping your batteries and equipment safe.
- When the temperature over 104 degrees, the cooling fans speed up to keep the inverter cool. When the inverter is switched off, the cooling fan does not work.
- This package contains: POTEK 3000W Inverter (Red), 4x Cable Battery Cables, 1x User Manual
- Fans that cool you down smartly
- with long cable lengths
- two USB ports and four AC outlets
- Not all outputs are sinusoidal
There are an array of advanced technical features present in the Schumacher 3000 Watt inverter, including robust construction and technical excellence. This inverter has a long battery cable, built-in protection schemes, cooling fans, an on/off switch, and multiple outlets, making it an exceptionally good product.
Compared with comparable products in the same range, the price is reasonable.
Due to its light weight, portability, and versatility, Schumacher inverters are our favorite. Multiple devices can be operated simultaneously using the four standard NEMA sockets. Additionally, you can simultaneously charge your mobile phone and tablet with the multiple USB ports.
Schumacher DC to AC Power Inverter with 120V AC Outlets and USB Ports – 3000 Watts – Power Directly Connects to Battery
- EASY CONVERSION: Provides a reliable conversion of 3000-6000 Watts / 12VDC vehicle power to 120VAC household power, making it ideal for heavy-duty external instruments and equipment.
- Additionally, the device includes a low battery alarm, a fast cooling fan, 2 USB ports, 4 US NEMA 5-15 AC outlets, surge protection, and thermal overheat protection.
- USE ANYWHERE: Connects directly to your battery to allow you to use AC products and appliances wherever you’re parked; comes with a DC plug
- CONVENIENCE OF SIMPLE USE: Simple operation and on/off switch; LED light that indicates when power is connected and converted.
- IDEAL FOR DRIVERS AND PROFESSIONALS: Ideal for drivers and professionals.
- Fans that operate on smart technology
- have four AC output ports that comply with NEMA standards
- for lighting
- There is some non-sinusoidal output
- unavailable via remote
6. HAITRAL 3000 Watt Power Inverter 12 Volt DC to 110 Volt AC Voltage Car Adapter, Car Inverter,Automotive Back up Power Supply for Refrigerators, TV, Rechargeable Devices
This Haitral inverter has multiple AC outlets, LED status indicators, and a durable aluminum housing, making it an excellent choice for portable power.
It’s a cheap price.
In terms of portability and functionality, this Haitral inverter earns high marks from us. In case of equipment failure, the device will flash red (easy check of the status), it has cooling fans to prevent overheating, and it has multiple power outlets, making it an excellent choice.
- Cooling fans with smart technology
- that have multiple AC outlets
- with lights
- It is not possible to use remote access
7. Power TechON 3000W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter 12V DC to 120V AC with 3 AC Outlets + 1 5V USB Port, 2 Battery Cables, and Remote Switch (6000W Peak) PS1004
The 3000W pure sine wave inverter has earned the reputation of Power TechON for its high quality of products. We found this inverter to be one of our top recommendations for a heavy-duty inverter due to its rugged construction, durability, and built-in protection schemes.
A more expensive option.
The Power TechON device on this list of 3000W inverters is one of our favorites. The device has a remote on/off switch and is very safe to operate. Aside from multiple power outlets, the inverter also has a cooling fan and built-in fuses that protect the unit against fluctuations in voltage.
GoWISE Power PS1004 3000W Continuous 6000W Surge Peak Power Pure Sine Wave Inverter with Starter Cables and 4 Output Sockets, Updated Model, Grey, Standard
- This GoWISE Power PURE SINE monitor has a continuous power rating of 3000W and a peak power rating of 6000W, black and red wires with ring terminals, external switch, five types of protection, and four output jacks.
- Useful for cars, boats and power outages, as well as for computers, sensitive equipment, etc.
- We provide five types of protection: thermal protection, overload protection, overvoltage protection, low voltage protection, and low voltage protection alarms
- Soft start technology with low interference and total harmonic distortion (THD) of 3%. 120V AC power; 60Hz frequency.
- Availability of an external switch
- providing multiple AC outputs
- of up to 6000 watts
- An Inverter Modified for Sine Waves
Besides the usual features such as multiple outlets, protection schemes, and a sturdy construction, this model from powerdrive also supports Bluetooth functionality. An app that allows you to operate the inverter remotely can even be downloaded for free on your phone.
It comes in at a price quite comparable to what you’d expect for such a product.
PowerDrive inverters boast multiple outlets, USB ports, and a clever cooling system that makes them a clear winner. They’re also compact and lightweight. With a maximum load of 6000 Watts, the inverter is ideal for heavy duty applications.
PowerDrive PD3000 3000 Watt Power Inverter Features Bluetooth(R) Wireless Technology with an APP Interface for Remote Access
- Various devices can be plugged into the four (3) 3-pin outlets
- Various devices can be plugged into the four (3) 3-pin outlets
- Multiple devices can be connected to the four (3) 3-pin outlets
- and the two (2) USB ports (2400 mA total).
- To remotely access features and settings, download the free app.
- Remote monitoring and testing is possible with the control panel detachable.
- Compatible with Bluetooth
- and multiple AC outputs (3 AC and 2 USB)
- Weighs under 13 pounds
- Color combinations may not appeal to you
9. Rockstone Power 3000 Watt Heavy Duty Step Up/Down Voltage Transformer Converter – Step Up/Down 110/120/220/240 Volt – 5V USB Port – CE Certified
In addition to ramping up and down voltage, the Rockstone Power 3000 Watt Heavy Duty inverter is also built to last. The cooling technology is built into the durable metal housing. Due to the additional functionality, the inverter is bulkier and harder to transport.
For a class of power, this is a real bargain.
Inverters like this one are versatile. There are also USB ports on the device, in addition to AC plugs that work in the 110-120 and 220-240 volt ranges. Safety is ensured by CE certification and built-in protection schemes ensure a long product life.
ROCKSTONE POWER 3000 Watt Voltage Converter Transformer – Heavy Duty Step Up/Down AC 110V/120V/220V/240V Power Converter – Circuit Breaker Protection – DC 5V USB Port – CE Certified [3-Year Warranty]
- Transformer converter with 3000 watts of power. Voltage should be increased from 110-120 volts to 220-240 volts. Put 110-120 volts in place of 220-240 volts.
- This product has 3 simultaneous outputs: a 5 volt USB port, a 120 volt power outlet plug, and a 220 volt universal power outlet plug CE certified. It comes with a 3-year limited warranty from the manufacturer. Made of metal. Completely fused. Protected against overcurrent.
- In 2018, RockStone Power became a proud supplier to Tesla Inc., which has supported the US military since 2001. Military APO, FPO, and DPO addresses are all eligible for shipping.
- Using a voltage converter/transformer whose maximum wattage is at least 50% greater than the appliance is recommended for safety reasons. To prevent damage to the transformer itself and the device being used, the 3000 transformer can only be used with devices that consume up to 2000 watts.
- It includes a 3000W Rockstone Power Voltage Converter, as well as a heavy duty power cord with a US ground 3 pole plug.
- Voltage transformers that can also step up and down
- the AC output voltage
- are inexpensive
- Heavy compared to some competitors
METLAB has certified this inverter as quality and safe for operation. A durable yet lightweight metal housing enhances the user experience of the inverter, which has overload protection, surge protection and overheating protection.
An established brand at a moderate price
Investor buyers typically evaluate products in a couple of ways, and this converter from Energizer does just that. It has multiple AC and USB ports for charging multiple devices at once, with quality certification. Additionally, this inverter is equipped with intelligent temperature and overcurrent protection. The car batteries can be connected using wires with ring terminals.
- Certification for METLAB
- METLAB’s AC out ports
- are capable of simultaneously powering multiple devices
- Connecting to cigarette lighters is not possible
- when using this inverter.
Q – What size battery do I need to run a 3000-watt inverter?
A – The 3000 watts inverter requires at least a 1500ah battery, and the 4000 watts inverter requires 2000ah. And finally, the 5000-watt inverter will support by a 2500ah 12V battery.
A – A 3000-watt pure sine wave inverter costs on average, between $300 and $400.
In conclusion, there are several factors to consider when buying a Best 3000 Watt Inverter. First, you must know what type of battery you need. This will determine the size and capacity of the inverter. Second, you must choose between single-phase and three-phase inverters. Third, you must decide whether you want to use AC or DC power. Fourth, you must choose between a manual or automatic mode. Finally, you must choose between a plug-in or hardwired option. If you are looking for a good inverter, consider this article and take your time in choosing the right inverter for your needs.