2500 Watt power converters are a great option if you want to be able to run a relatively large amount of power consuming devices that don’t really have a commercial or industrial application. 2500W inverters of this size are big enough for most kitchen appliances, water heaters, air conditioners and the like.
With a 2500 watt inverter, you can’t control multiple high-voltage appliances at the same time (so you can’t use your induction hob and coffee maker at the same time), but for most applications, this inverter is powerful enough to use as a source. emergency power.
In many cases it is even enough to be the main source of energy. Next, we’ll talk about some of the best 2500 watt inverters on the market today, aiming to help you find the best option available.
- 1 1. Cobra CPI2590 Gray 2500W
- 2 2. AIMS Power Green 2500 PWRINV250012W
- 3 3. Fit4Less 2500W Pure Sine Wave Inverter
- 3.1 4. WZRELB 12V 2500W Pure Sine Wave Inverter
- 4 5. SUG 2500W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter (SGP-2500W)
What can a 2500 watt inverter run?
If you buy a 2500 watt inverter, you can expect a number of things. It will be able to charge small electronic devices such as cell phones and tablets, and it will also easily power laptops and most computers. A small kitchen can work with a 2500 watt inverter, but it can’t operate the microwave and the induction hob or the electric burner at the same time. It may also have an AC power unit and a shower heater.
Remember that a 2500 watt inverter will not work exactly 2500 watts; in fact you will only be able to use 80-85% of 2500 comfortably. Therefore, the actual power for an inverter of this size is 2000-2125 watts. The general rule of thumb when it comes to buying these inverters is to look for one that is about 15-20% more than you actually need.
It’s important to look closely at your devices to determine which ones can work at the same time. Check the labels, manuals and packaging of all your appliances and electronics to determine the wattage of each. You can connect as many as you want, as long as their total power does not exceed 2125 watts, so that your inverter has no problems with charging.
Will a 2500 watt inverter run commercial appliances?
To be completely safe, it is best not to use any electronic device or device that exceeds 2125 watts of power. If the equipment you want to use is 2125W or less, you can definitely use it with this inverter.
However, keep in mind that you should also consider the inverter amperage and equipment you plan to use to ensure they are compatible.
It is also important to note that you will want to watch your equipment for overload at start up with regard to plugging in and turning on. If the startup peak required to power your equipment exceeds the peak capacity of the inverter you are looking at, don’t take any chances and look for a higher capacity instead.
How many amps does a 2500 watt inverter draw?
Inverters convert 12-volt DC input from batteries to 110-volt AC power to operate electrical appliances. The current drawn by 2500 W inverters can be calculated as follows.
Watts (power) = volts (voltage) x amps (current)
Power consumption of the 2500 W inverter = (6000/110) A = approximately 22.7 amps.
Reviews of our favorite 2500 watt inverters
This inverter has a capacity of 2500 watts and a peak or peak power of 5000 watts. It comes with a 2.4 amp USB output, conveniently being able to charge all types of communication devices (mobile phones and tablets) as well as any other mobile device you want.
This device is quite versatile. With three AC outlets on top of the included USB port, you’re sure to enjoy the fact that you don’t need so many extension cables.
This modified sine wave inverter also offers 5 different levels of fault protection, so you can feel safe when using this inverter to power your home appliances and appliances. It weighs about 6.1 pounds, to give you an idea of its portability.
Compared to other 2500 watt inverters of its kind, the Cobra CPI2590 is on the higher end of the spectrum. Still, it’s about what you’d expect from this investor capacity, and it’s reasonably priced, especially when you consider its features.
With the kind of features you see in this product, we can definitely say that the Cobra is recommended.
Many reviews on this product are very positive, and many say it handles everything they need perfectly and flawlessly.
Kudos to the CPI2590, indeed!
Cobra CPI2590 Portable Power Inverter – 2500 Watt Car Charger, 2 Grounded AC Outlets, 12 Volt 2.4 Amp USB Port
- POWERFUL – Connect and charge your smartphone, tablet and many other mobile devices via the convenient USB port. 2500 watts continuous (5000 watts peak power) and a 2.4 amp USB outlet with 12 V power supply means you can charge on the go.
- VERSATILE – The CPI2590 provides you with a power source via two grounded outlets for office equipment and appliances that draw up to 2500 watts from your car, truck, RV or boat.
- LED DISPLAY – Digital display showing the vehicle’s battery voltage and power consumption connected to the device in watts on a large LED display.
- ON-THE-GO: This inverter supports you on tailgate, camping and road trips – and wherever you go.
- PROTECTION: With Cobras Pentagon Protection, you have 5 levels of fault protection (thermal shutdown, reverse polarity, overvoltage shutdown, low voltage shutdown and low voltage alarm).
- 5 layers of interference protection for your peace of mind (“Pentagon Protection”)
- 2.4A USB Port
- 3 sockets for convenience
- On the more expensive side for an investor at this price.
AIMS is a well-known brand in the inverter market. Their PWRINV250012W offering is another in a line of many highly regarded and acclaimed products. This inverter has a capacity of 2500W and a surge capacity of 5000W. It comes with built-in technology for a smooth start and also has an optional remote control.
The PWRINV250012W is a product built to give you peace of mind while you work. It comes with multiple layers of fault protection including overload, overheat, high/low voltage and short circuit protection. There are also alarms built in to warn you if something is not as it should be.
This modified sine wave inverter works with devices up to 21 amps. It has volt / ammeters to help you monitor the performance of your inverter. LED indicators are also included. This device has 2 power outlets for your convenience and comes in a durable aluminum housing. Cooling fans are built in to make sure it doesn’t overheat.
Compared to many other inverters on the market, the PWRINV250012W is definitely a more affordable option. You will eventually give up some features, but nevertheless, this investor will do the same job as everyone else.
Although it doesn’t have that many features, the PWRINV250012W is still a great choice from a trusted company in the inverter industry. Choose this inverter if you want peace of mind when it comes to quality, performance and safety.
AIMS Power 2500 Watt Modified Sine Power Inverter with Battery Cables, 5000 Watt Surge Peak Power, and AC Outlets.
- USEFUL – Applications include vehicles, homes, campgrounds, RVs and more. Enjoy the comfort of home on the go and during power outages.
- POWERFUL: 2500 watts of modified sine wave power for use with many devices, such as pumps, refrigerators and more
- SIMPLE – Plug in the power for your AC power needs. DC connection is quick and easy.
- SAFE – LED lighting, overheating, overloading and high/low voltage protection make it safe to use
- QUIET – Quieter than smokeless generators, inverters are the perfect solution for many homeowners
- Durable aluminum construction
- Multiple security and alarm systems
- Good price
- Only 2 AC outlets
- No USB port
The Fit4Less Inverter is a 2500 watt inverter that boosts up to 5000 watts. It is a pure sine wave inverter, which makes it more efficient during use. It comes with 2 US plugs which are ETL approved and IP54 industrial level. A 5-volt, 2-amp USB output is also included, along with a port for wired remote control.
This red inverter comes with a completely new design circuit board and two high speed fans for cooling so that it can run for a long time (we do not recommend constant use, let it rest every day). The Fit4Less comes with OFC battery cables, an input terminal fixing key and a wired remote control kit.
Various protection systems have also been installed, so that you do not have to worry about overload, high/low voltage, short circuit and overheating.
The Fit4Less 2500W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter is quite affordable, especially for some of the features it offers.
With features such as IP54 industrial ETL approved AC plugs, a USB port and an included wired remote control kit, this inverter is sure to be an excellent choice. The brand is not that well known, but most of the comments claim that the device works as needed. We can recommend this for those who want great features at a decent price.
2500W Pure Sine Wave Inverter 12V to 120V AC with 2 AC outlets, DC5V 2 Amp USB Output, LCD Display Wire Remote kit and Heavy Duty Battery Cables.
- Continuous power: 2500 W Peak power: 5000 W. With IP54 industrial ETL approved US wall socket plugs * 2
- With USB DC 5V 2 Amp output, wired external port
- The completely redesigned circuit board with dual high-speed cooling fans ensures long-lasting continuous operation.
- With OFC battery cables and input terminal fixing key.
- With wired remote control set. Cable length: 16 feet
- USB 5V 2A output
- Multiple security systems
- Wired remote control kit included
- No gauges or displays
The WZRELB inverter has a power of 2500 W with a maximum power of 5000 W. It is a pure sine wave inverter, ideal for use with batteries or solar energy. This inverter looks solid in construction and appears to be quite premium. It comes with a digital LED display, two US sockets (grounded) and a smart/smart cooling fan.
The WZRELB comes with standard battery cables for free and also comes with a replacement fuse in case you need to replace it. This device also gives you peace of mind as it comes with various protection systems to prevent overloads, surges, low voltages, short circuits and overheating. There is also a terminal block in case you need to use high power appliances.
It is an excellent price for an inverter of this capacity.
The WZRELB inverter looks and feels premium quality and offers a lot of safety during use. It also has features that some other inverters don’t have in this capability. Definitely one we will recommend if you want to be able to monitor the performance of your inverter.
WZRELB 2500 watt 12V Pure Sine Wave Inverter, Automotive Car Power Inverter,Dual 120V AC outlets, DC to AC,Best Back Up Power Supply for RV,Home,Office
- 2500W continuous 5000W peak true pure sine wave solar inverter, as good as the grid, power backup for home power supply.
- Transfer 12VDC to 120VAC, 60Hz Frequency, Dual US Outlets Smart Temperature Control Cooling Fan. Ground connection for printed circuit board and output. Digital LED display.
- High quality real copper inductance, filter waveform, guarantee real pure sine wave AC output, protect your equipment. All major imported mosfets with strong conductivity.
- The thickness of the circuit board is 2.00mm, it allows the stronger current to drive in the circuit and increase the load capacity. High-frequency transformer to transfer DC to AC, provide stable and full AC output;
- Free standard battery cables and spare fuse for replacement.
- Multiple error protections
- Stylish, premium look and durable construction
- Screens to check operation
- No USB port
- Only 2 sockets
The SUG 2500 watt pure sine wave inverter has a maximum of 5000 watts. This pure sine wave inverter provides “clean” power that can power sensitive equipment and appliances. This inverter has a durable aluminum construction and comes with a generous two-year warranty (and lifetime service).
Various protection systems have been implemented for this device, such as thermal tripping, internal reverse polarity fuse protection, short circuit protection, and over or under voltage protection. A low or high voltage alarm is also included. There’s also built-in soft-start technology and smart cooling fans to keep you working in comfort.
The SUG comes with a USB port and two grounded AC plugs for your convenience. It also has a display that allows you to monitor or control the performance of the device.
The SUG 2500 pure sine wave inverter is priced in the middle of all other inverters with the same capacity. It’s a fair price, considering the included features.
This pure sine wave inverter is highly recommended as it offers many security systems in addition to a USB port AND a screen for monitoring. Mid-priced, but with most of the features that more expensive models have, the SUG is definitely a good option.
Sug 2500W(Peak 5000W) Power Inverter Pure Sine Wave DC 12V to AC 110V 120V Converter Back up Power Supply for RV, Home, Car Use
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||14.25 x 6.5 x 3.43 inches|
|Item Weight||11.46 Pounds|
|Output Power||2500 Watts|
|Output Voltage||120 Volts|
- Fair price, good features.
- 2 grounded sockets
- Smart cooling fan, soft start
- So far no one noticed!