Inverters with 1200 watts of power are in the middle of the spectrum, but have enough power for the vast majority of electrical appliances that you rely on every day.
Using a 1200 watt inverter is no problem for mobile phones, tablets, and laptops.
To help you make an informed purchasing decision, we’ve reviewed the best 1200 watt inverters on the market.
- 1 What’s the power draw of a 1200w inverter?
- 1.1 1. PWRIX120012S by Aims Power, 1200 Watt Pure Sine Inverter
- 1.2 2. Whistler 1200 Watt Power Inverter XP1200i
- 1.3 3. Giandel Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter 1200w
- 1.4 4. Magnum MM1212 1200w Inverter With 70 Amp Charger
- 1.5 5. VertaMax Modified 1200 Watt (2400w Surge) 12v 12 Volt Power Inverter
- 1.6 6. Power Bright APT 1200-12 Pure Sine Power Inverter
- 1.7 7. Samlex EVO-1212F 1200 Watt 120v Pure Sine Inverter Charger
- 1.8 8. Duracell Power DRINV1200 Black High Power Inverter
- 1.9 9. IpowerBingo Car Boat 1200w/2400w (Peak) Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
How much power can a 1200 watt inverter provide?
Electrical devices usually have their wattage marked on the bottom or near the motor.
In most cases, the starting power is different from the running power, and for electric motor-driven devices, the starting power is usually twice as great as the running power.
Several devices whose combined power does not exceed 1200 watts can be powered by an inverter of 1200 watts.
Inverters are capable of powering the majority of small to medium sized electrical appliances. These include televisions, microwave ovens, cell phones, LED lighting, refrigerators, coffee makers, hand tools, laptops, DVD players and game consoles.
What’s the power draw of a 1200w inverter?
It takes three times the power to start a refrigerator, as it uses an electric motor and compressor to generate cool air.
It takes about 2,100 watts to start a refrigerator with a power of 700 watts. It is estimated that a typical 1200w device can produce up to 2400 watts, which is sufficient to run a 700w fridge.
When you want to turn on a refrigerator with a 1200 watt inverter, you should temporarily disconnect other appliances to ensure you have enough power. The other appliances can be connected to the circuit once the refrigerator is operating.
Inverters of 1200 watts draw how many amps?
Using inverters, electrical appliances are powered by 12V DC.
Inverters with 1200 watts draw the following current:
The formula for power is Watts x Volts x Amps
An inverter drawing 1200 W (1200/110) draws a current of 11 amps
We review the best 1200 watt inverters
Inverter PWRIX120012S from Aims Power is an exceptional value for money product. It delivers continuous pure sine wave power of 1200W and comes with an automatic 10-amp transfer switch.
You can use the inverter as a backup power source and ensure it will continue running as long as it is connected to earth with the transfer switch. You can also plug it in or out with AC power, but wiring is required. A remote control can also be ordered separately.
The sine wave inverter on this device is flexible, so it is suitable for most electronic devices. Sealed standard battery terminals made for marine applications are easy to use and designed to withstand the salt spray typical of marine applications. However, some users prefer it because of its LCD screen and USB ports.
AIMS Power PICOGLF40W12V120V 4000 Watt and 12,000 Watt Surge 12 VDC Input to 120 VAC Output Pure Sine Inverter Charger Backup Power
- The charger offers four different battery technologies including lead, gel, AGM, lithium ion, and more including 4000W continuous, 12000W for 20 seconds, 33 amps, 120VAC clean sine wave, low frequency, automatic transfer switch, and 115A smart battery charger.
- Protects against overloading, overheating, high voltage, low voltage, short circuits, low-voltage and high-voltage alarms, as well as cooling fans and an insulated neutral.
- The product features AC Direct Connect terminal blocks, charge current controllers, priority switches, auto-build/start functions, conformal coating, and power conservation modes. Cables are only required once. A remote control is optional.
- Applications include automatic shore/generator power and inverter power, off-grid / backup power, and to and from shore. Work trucks, yachts, RVs, RVs and boats. Industry.
- TRUST GOALS: Purchase with confidence. More than 20 years in business. Warranty and technical support for all Nevada customers.
- design that is robust
- enough to travel
- A USB screen or LCD is not available.
Whistler XP1200i offers continuous power of 1200 watts and peak power of 2400 watts. Multiple devices can be charged simultaneously using its 3 USB ports and 3 power outlets. An LCD display on the unit lets you keep an eye on the power consumption so that you can take action when the emergency line is exceeded.
In addition to the thermostatically controlled fan and the electronic circuit protection, this product has some impressive features. When the inverter becomes too hot, the thermostat-controlled fan keeps it cool. Remote controls are available separately for this inverter, which can be operated using them.
The best 1200w inverter on the market is one of the best choices if you need an inverter that can be used at home or on the go. The vehicle’s three AC outlets and two USB ports enable you to charge your electronic devices simultaneously and make your vehicle more useful.
- Two USB ports and three sockets
- made of durable materials
- Integrated fan that can be controlled by the thermostat
- A loud fan has been reported by some
This Giandel inverter is ideal when you need power during a power outage or if you are off the grid when you need power. This unit’s multiple safety features, 2 AC outlets, and remote control let you set the unit’s power according to your needs.
With a peak capacity of 2400 Watts, you can power your power-hungry gadgets and ensure your sensitive devices get the power they require, thanks to the pure sine wave power. With thermal protection, over- and undervoltage protection, and low-voltage alarm, you can rest assured that your system is safely maintained.
Despite being an efficient device, the Giandel Pure Sine Wave Inverter can often prove invaluable in stressful situations. Install an inverter if you want to make life easier when you need power. You’ll be glad you did when you need it.
Power Inverter Pure Sine Wave 1200Watt 12V DC to 110V 120V with Remote Control Dual AC Outlets and USB Port for RV Car Solar System Emergency
- The Giandel Pure Sine Wave Inverter generates continuous pure sine waves of 1200 Watts and peak power of 2400 Watts, which is more powerful than the 1000 Watt inverters, and has 2 AC outputs and 2 USB ports, 1A, with battery cables.
- There are dual 110V 120V AC outputs that ensure 1200 watts of continuous power for a wide range of home appliances, including fans, refrigerators, freezers, PSPs, laptops, air conditioners, DVD players, and so on.
- The reversible fuse has multiple functions: polarity reversal (fuse), soft start, overload protection, short circuit protection, overload protection, and THD protection *3%.
- A 15ft cable allows you to easily turn the inverter ON/OFF with a Remte controller. A LED display gives you a visual representation of voltage and current input.
- Advanced drop protection is provided by the aluminum alloy housing. This device is equipped with a smart cooling fan that helps reduce heat. 18-month warranty included.
- Included is remote control
- and LED display
- Durable and lightweight
- Some reports indicate that surge trips occur too early
You can get all the power and safety you need from this Magnum Energy pure sine wave inverter. This product comes with a remote control switch which greatly increases the flexibility of its placement. Your devices will get enough power due to the pure sine wave energy.
You won’t hear the annoying hum common with cheaper modified sine wave inverters thanks to the ultra-quiet cooling fan. In addition to short-circuit protection, over- and under-voltage protection, and high-temperature protection, it features a number of other safety features that keep your device and inverter safe.
This inverter is a good choice if you’re looking for a safe and easy-to-install inverter that is capable of powering up to 1200 watts of devices. Whether you’re on the job site, taking a road trip or camping, you can easily carry this device.
- Number of the part: MM1212
- Shipping weight: 10,569 lbs
- Manual and article included
- Package dimensions are 17.78L x 50.165H x 27.305W (centimeters)
- Lightweight and compact
- Compatible with RV ovens and hobs
- The highest price point
Modified sine wave inverter with a 17ft cord, 150A ANL fuse and ANL fuse holder. Comes with everything you need for an easy installation. Additionally, it includes terminals for the batteries.
Vehicles and most electronics, including televisions, microwaves, computers, air conditioners, coffee makers, CD/DVD players, cell phones, and video game consoles, can be charged with this device. The charger is equipped with 3 sockets and 1 USB port that can be used for multiple functions.
In addition to thermal shutdown, reverse polarity protection, short circuit protection, over voltage protection, low voltage shutdown and low/high voltage alarm, this inverter has several safety features. The inverter also includes an LED display, showing the AC power consumption and the DC battery voltage and watts, making power consumption easy to monitor.
VertaMax Modified 1200 Watt (2400W Surge) 12V 12 Volt Power Inverter DC to AC Car, Solar, RV, Car, Boat (Cables + Remote Switch + ANL Fuse + USB Port Included)
- It has everything you need! Modified sine wave inverter 1200W (2400W peak) + cables with terminals for batteries 3ft long, 17ft in length, 150 amp ANL fuse and fuse holder. This kit contains everything you need for your installation!
- For charging mobile phones, tablets, etc., the VertaMax 1200 provides 3 grounded outlets (115 AC for US appliances).
- Warranty: 1 year. Thermal cutout, internal fuses to protect against reverse polarity, short circuit protection, over voltage protection, low voltage shutdown, and low/high voltage alarm ensure reliability.
- Powered by DC battery voltage and AC power consumption (watts), the LED display shows those values. Monitoring power consumption.
- These inverters can power the following home appliances: computers, televisions, video games, telephone chargers, microwave ovens, air conditioners, etc.
- Warranty of one year
- for LED Display System
- that includes a remote control
- While using it, some users reported noise
A Power Bright inverter can output a continuous power of 1200 watts and a maximum power of 200 watts. This inverter provides low harmonic distortion and clean power. A built-in 15 amp transfer switch ensures that your essential devices are always powered up. The inverter and its devices are sufficiently protected by this device’s safety measures.
It’s the most compatible sine wave inverter out there when it comes to sensitive devices and tools. When there is an emergency power outage, this inverter can serve as a great power source. Computers, televisions, refrigerators, air pumps, and other devices work well with this unit. You can easily take it anywhere, camping, on a boat trip, or even to a remote job site, since it is portable, compact, and lightweight.
Power Bright APT1200-12 Pure Sine Power Inverter with Automatic transfer 1200 Watt continuous / 2000 watt Peak 12 Volt ETL Approved under UL/CSA Standards
- It produces pure sine waves of 1200 watts
- and 15 amps
- Inputs and outputs for AC power
- are rated at 2000 watts maximum
- Connect AC inputs and outputs with wired terminals
- Lightweight and portable
- Installation is simple
- Only 2000 watts at peak
The inverter can provide continuous power up to 1200 watts and a maximum power of 3600 watts. This is ideal for high-power charging devices. The peak power is higher than any inverter of this type.
Even slow-starting devices and tools will be able to operate with this surge, which can last for up to 20 seconds. On the other hand, this investor is considerably more expensive than others.
Inverters of this grade are ideal for powering sensitive devices, including televisions, stereos, and office equipment. The fan is quiet so you won’t be distracted from your work or be able to hear the TV. Additionally, the cooling fan also contributes to reducing this inverter’s power consumption. It has two GFCI-protected terminals and is well suited to heavy loads and continuous operation.
- Charge profiles can be programmed in two phases, three phases, or four phases with equalization, and the Bulk Stage monitors battery health
- A three-times overvoltage capability of the inverter permits it to supply power to loads with high starting overvoltages.
- There are up to 10,000 scans per second going on at multiple physical security checkpoints to detect adverse conditions both inside and outside the building
- thereby reducing redundant charging and extending battery life
- Input: 12 volts DC, Output: 120 volts AC, Watts: 1200, Peak: 3600 watts, Fuse: External, Outputs: GFCI
- Capacity at maximum
- Silent operation
In spite of its 1200w rating, this inverter can deliver up to 2400w. Small and large electrical appliances can be run with this inverter. When you are traveling for a long time, you can easily plug in any battery-operated device you want. Up to three devices can be powered simultaneously by its three power outlets and one USB charging port. Small, medium and large tools, appliances and electronics can all be charged on this power strip.
Designed to provide adequate power for essential appliances and appliances, the Duracell DRINV1200 inverter is a good choice if you want a portable inverter that doesn’t take up much space. The 12V DC to 120V AC converter is relatively cheap and can convert 12V DC into 120V AC. The battery cables need only be connected to your vehicle’s battery, and power is at your fingertips.
- With this compact inverter, you can use vehicle power to power your home electronics or charge your phone
- A 3-prong outlet and 2.1 amp USB port allow for simultaneous charging and control of up to three devices, making it suitable for entertainment equipment, hand tools, small appliances, and electronics.
- Power cables of 1.5 meters are included for connecting directly to the screw terminals on the unit.
- 3-socket and 1-port USB design
- makes installation simple
- LCD screen not available
It delivers high-quality power for many situations, including backup power, with 1200 watts of continuous power and 2400 watts of peak power. This inverter features an LCD screen that shows the battery output and input voltage. You will know in advance if the inverter is malfunctioning. The device uses high-quality mosfets with strong conductivity and also provides pure sine wave input to help protect sensitive equipment.
The inverter is designed to provide cleaner AC power for use with sensitive electronic devices. There is a power cord included that can be connected to any wall outlet. This allows the unit to be charged without having to disconnect the inverter.
IpowerBingo 1200W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter 12V DC to 110 V AC with 2 AC Outlets 2 Battery Cables with LCD Display Car Boat Inverter
- The unit has a continuous clean sine wave output power of 1200 watts, and a peak power of 2400 watts. The unit has two AC outputs, and the display is LED.
- An LED display shows the input voltage, while an LCD display shows the output voltage. This makes it simple to see the status of the battery.
- [100% Fast Charging] Dual 110V AC outlets are ideal for charging laptops, fans, refrigerators, game consoles, Kindles, TVs, DVD players, Christmas lights, and breast pumps. Charge iPods, smartphones, and other electronic devices quickly with 3.1A USB ports.
- Overvoltage protection, undervoltage protection, overload protection, short circuit protection, overheating protection, reverse polarity protection (fuse) Replacement fuses are included, as well as spare fuses.
- This fan helps reduce heat by using an aluminum alloy shell and an intelligent cooling system. It has an 18-month warranty. For more information, please contact us.
- Displays with LCDs
- only turn on their cooling fans when the inverter gets hot
- at an affordable price
- There are no USB ports